5.17.2015

Infusions and Muses


I've had to quit drinking coffee.  It hurts my stomach, like many other things I love to ingest.  But tea helps.  I've been buying different teas almost every week.  I bought blueberry the other week and the tea bags were so pretty.  They would turn this vivid pinkish red color and they smell so good.  So I decided to save a few tea bags and make some Artist Trading Cards that have been colored with tea.  A few blueberry and a peppermint tea, right after I brewed myself a cup I put the bags on the paper.  With unexpected results.  The paper has blue instead of pink.  The tea is red, the bags turn red, the paper turned blue.  The peppermint has a lovely green shade.  I do like how they look together.

Well, I brewed up another blueberry and saturated the paper in very hot water with the tea bags.  It's all waiting to dry.  I took some process shots.  I haven't decided what I'll draw on them yet.  I might collage them a bit.  See if I can salvage the bags themselves to work in contrast with the bgs.  I'll definitely be scanning up the resulting texture before I art them all up to share on my Patreon.

Colors are a bit off due to my lighting, just couldn't get the white balance better.
The bags are red, but the stain is blue and the peppermint is green.


I'm thinking for my Patreon model I'll be doing funded creations as free public access and the Patrons will get bonus rewards of other stuff that didn't need to be funded.

I think I might art them with pretty illustrations.  I recently joined this gothy art group, Between Heaven and Hell (closed group), that shares all sorts of inspiring images.  Pretty girls with a dark aesthetic.  I'll have to decide after they're dry.  Maybe sketch up some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment